[Interest] help with compiling qt-assistantclient-library

bvl bvl at btconnect.com
Wed Sep 18 15:11:36 CEST 2013

Greetings,

I have a computer with these:-
--cpu amd64
--os 64-bit cblfs linux-3.10.10, gcc-4.8.1, qt-4.8.5

I attempted to compile and  install  qtiplot-0.9.8.9.tar.bz2  (
http://soft.proindependent.com/download.html )
the conmpilation fails   asking for  ~/include/QtAssistant   (  prsesumedly
libQtAssistantClient.so  later on )
In otherwords the code has not been updated to  use qt-4.8.5.

I read that this  package  ( qt-assistantclient-library-compat-src.tar.gz )
-alias packageX
http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2010/06/22/qt-assistant-compat-version-
available-as-extra-source-package/

provides a temporary fix until the qtiplot code is updated.  Unfortunately I
do not have compile and install instructions for
qt-assistantclient-library-compat-src.tar.gz
.

I would like to know the following:-

--a) does one add the sources of packageX  to the qt-4.8.5 and compile the
latter and if so how so ?
--b) does one compile and install packageX to already installed qt-4.8.5 and
if so how so?

thanks in advance.

sincerely
bv