[Interest] on plugins and qtuiotouch

Casimiro, Daniel C CIV NUWC NWPT daniel.casimiro at navy.mil
Thu Sep 19 18:01:49 CEST 2013

> 2013/9/19 Andrea Franceschini <therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com>:
> What I don't get now is: is your hardware giving you different session ids to every new object that comes in? How would
> you otherwise identify a trace, aka a sequence of touch points > produced by the same finger continuously moving on the surface?

I get a new session ID for each and every finger that makes contact with the screen. The session ID is constant for a particular finger until I lift if off the screen. A new session ID is assigned when that finger is placed back on the screen.

> 2013/9/19 Andrea Franceschini <therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com>:
> > 2013/9/19 Casimiro, Daniel C CIV NUWC NWPT <daniel.casimiro at navy.mil>:
> >
> >> I just reread the specification and it looks like duplicate session IDs are allowed:
> >
> > I'll run some tests and will let you know.
>
> Hi Dan, just ran a quick test and I can confirm I don't get the failed assert on the add_touch_point method anymore, now I get it on
> the update_touch_point method.

Do you have a backtrace? You could remove the assertion from the update function, it already ignore the update if the session ID does not exist.

> 2013/9/19 Andrea Franceschini <therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com>:
> Just ran a few more tests, which confused me quite a lot. It would seem that the session id doesn't change, but at some point during
> an update sequence I get an add event immediately followed by a remove event, and then more updates, like so
>
> Add: 368
> Upd: 368
> Upd: 368
> Add: 368
> Rem: 368
> Upd: 368
> Rem: 368
>
> Which is rather odd since I've had no such thing happening in all my other applications built with other toolkits. Could this have
> something to do with Qt's internals?

That looks really weird; It looks like you have two TUIO "streams" interleaved. Is it possible that you have two servers running?

You could try running my tuiodump utility to get more information.

https://github.com/Morpheu5/qtuiotouch/blob/master/src/tuio/tuiodump.cpp

The CMake project doesn't compile it yet, but it is trivial. The program doesn't link with Qt. It is a command line program that prints out the TUIO events as they arrive.

There is also an oscdump program that works at the OSC level.

https://github.com/Morpheu5/qtuiotouch/blob/master/src/dosc/doscdump.cpp

~Dan