[Interest] Qt Webkit and HTML5 geolocation

Tom Isaacson Tom.Isaacson at navico.com
Fri Sep 20 05:05:25 CEST 2013

The links on the Qt website all point to a non-existent location. I eventually found the source for Qt-Mobility here:
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-mobility
The documentation for QtMobility talks about version 1.2.2, but gitorious only has tags up to 1.2.0. Am I looking in the right place?

This doesn't build with Qt 4.8.2 on our system unless I specify just the location module:
./configure -modules location
Is QtMobility 1.2.0 compatible with Qt 4.8.2?

Once I've built this, how do i "rebuild qtwebkit so it finds QtLocation"? I can see an ENABLE_GEOLOCATION flag in the source but there's no obvious way of specifying this. Does QtWebkit have a separate config system to Qt?

Once this is done I assume I need to tell QtMobility what the location is from my hardware. Do I just subclass QGeoPositionInfoSource, or do I have to create a plugin for this?

Apologies for all my questions, but the documentation for this is non-existent or missing. Once I get it working I'll post an answer to the original question on StackOverflow and write up a blog post for anyone else trying this!

Thanks.