[Interest] Qt Webkit and HTML5 geolocation

Aaron McCarthy mccarthy.aaron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 08:25:49 CEST 2013

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 03:05:25 AM Tom Isaacson wrote:
> The links on the Qt website all point to a non-existent location. I
> eventually found the source for Qt-Mobility here:
> https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-mobility
> The documentation for QtMobility talks about version 1.2.2, but gitorious
> only has tags up to 1.2.0. Am I looking in the right place?

Yes.

> This doesn't build with Qt 4.8.2 on our system unless I specify just the
> location module: ./configure -modules location
> Is QtMobility 1.2.0 compatible with Qt 4.8.2?

Is it a problem building against a newer Qt or because of other dependencies.
What is the failure?

> Once I've built this, how do i "rebuild qtwebkit so it finds QtLocation"? I
> can see an ENABLE_GEOLOCATION flag in the source but there's no obvious way
> of specifying this. Does QtWebkit have a separate config system to Qt?

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure the build system will pick this up
automatically once Qt Location is installed.

See src/3rdparty/webkit/Sources/WebCore/features.pri

> Once this is done I assume I need to tell QtMobility what the location is
> from my hardware. Do I just subclass QGeoPositionInfoSource, or do I have
> to create a plugin for this?

You can do either. Take inspiration from qgeopositioninfosource_*.{h,cpp}.

Cheers,

--
Aaron McCarthy