[Interest] Process for building Qt on windows 64bit

Scott Aron Bloom scott.bloom at onshorecs.com
Wed Sep 25 01:04:19 CEST 2013

Im on qt 4.8.4 (cant move to 5.x at the company yet) and I a request from a customer for a 64 bit windows release.

The first step, will be building Qt under 64 bit.

Does anyone have a "this is what I do" sheet?

My 32bit flow, is simple, unzip, run configure, build it inside visual studio using the following switches
-debug-and-release
-opensource
-shared
-stl
-platform
win32-msvc2008
-vcproj
-qt-libpng
-qt-zlib
-qt-libjpeg
-qt-zlib
-openssl -I c:/Qt/openssl-0.9.8o/inc32 -L c:/Qt/openssl-0.9.8o/out32dll
-no-qt3support
-nomake demos
-nomake examples
-no-phonon -no-phonon-backend
-qt-sql-sqlite -qt-sql-odbc

And walla...

Is it simply a matter of changing what Visual Studio path is set?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott