[Interest] Semi-OT: Was Nokia net good or bad for Qt?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Sep 30 17:28:32 CEST 2013

On segunda-feira, 30 de setembro de 2013 10:41:04, Philipp Kursawe wrote:
> Well, at least the QComboBox in QML is a big joke (on the desktop). It
> usese a popup menu which is slow as hell and unscrollable with more
> than 10 entries. QML has to go a loooong way until it works on the
> Desktop

I'm not disputing that it has a long way to go. The traditional widgets on the
desktop have 10-15 years of history of implementation and bugfixes. QML makes
it easier to write good support, but it still takes time.

In any case, this goes to show that refactoring everything in QtWidgets, as I
pointed out earlier in this thread, would have been disastrous.