[Interest] QtQuick 1.1 question

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Apr 11 22:09:42 CEST 2014

Em sex 11 abr 2014, às 12:59:49, VStevenP escreveu:
> I notice that Qt Creator 3.0+ still lets you create a QtQuick 1.1 Project.
>  Cool - I think I need that, because I may have to target down-cost
> embedded hardware that has no GPU.
>
> Assuming I have a simplified, Qt Quick 1.1-compatible version of my custom
> QtQuick 2.0 Components, and that I write some QtQuick 1.1 compliant QML
> code...
>
> Can I expect to be able to run QtQuick 1.1 successfully on embedded using
> the latest available Qt sources (approaching 5.3 now), or do I need to run
> something like Qt 4.7.4?

Yes, Qt 5.3 should run Qt Quick 1.1 just fine. Whether the performance will be
good enough for you, that's another story. But, then again, the performance
should be the same as Qt 4.8.6, since there hasn't been any work on that stack
in any direction.

> (Note, I would run QtQuick 1.1 with -linuxfb on my non-GPU hardware.   I
> already run Qt Quick 2+ with -eglfs and use my QtQuick 2.+ custom
> components when there is a GPU available.)

Have you tried running Qt Quick 2 with eglfs using Mesa-LLVMpipe on your non-
GPU hardware?