[Interest] Qt 5.2/5.3 Windows - fully static?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:09:14 CEST 2014

It would be awesome if the binary downloads for Qt would also contain
static versions of the libraries.

I recently got contracted to develop a set of command-line tools for
internal use ("in-house"). They must run on Windows and Mac. I've got a
static Qt on my systems; I know how to do that. But when I sent the
projects over, they couldn't make any sense out of how to build them on
their own without needing shared libraries all over the place. So they
rely on my own binaries. If I get run over by a bus, they're screwed.

Including static versions in the official Qt downloads would help
everyone a lot.