[Interest] Qt 5.2/5.3 Windows - fully static?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Apr 15 18:41:31 CEST 2014

Em ter 15 abr 2014, às 18:09:14, Nikos Chantziaras escreveu:
> Including static versions in the official Qt downloads would help
> everyone a lot.

We don't doubt it. However, that's yet another set of packages to build and
test. The QA team simply does not have the time to package and test all
combinations. You may have seen the discussion on MSVC 2010 with ANGLE and
that we've dropped a few binary builds, though the combination is still
supported.

Not to mention that many users of static builds actually want to de-populate
Qt by using the feature system.

So static lib packages are highly unlikely to ever happen.