[Interest] QNAM timeout is way too long

Scott Aron Bloom scott.bloom at onshorecs.com
Tue Apr 22 03:12:03 CEST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: interest-bounces+scott.bloom=onshorecs.com at qt-project.org [mailto:interest-bounces+scott.bloom=onshorecs.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Thiago Macieira
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 6:11 PM
To: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] QNAM timeout is way too long

Em seg 21 abr 2014, às 21:30:23, Scott Aron Bloom escreveu:
> I had filed a bug, against QHttp and QFtp almost 6 or 7 years ago,
> right as QNAM came out, of course it was closed because "those classes
> were being deprecated for QNAM", to add a "setTimeout" to the request calls...
>
> I would love to have this on QNetworkRequest...

QHttp and QFtp were sequential. You needed to have the class time out on a command before the next was executed. You couldn't do the timeout from outside the class. (and they can't do from the inside either, but that's a different
story)

QNAM runs stuff in parallel. If you need to time out a QNetworkReply, abort() it. That means you can do from the outside with a simple QTimer.