[Interest] Website suggestion: provide proper one-page text only license legalese compilation for Qt 4.8 and Qt 5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Apr 28 05:25:40 CEST 2014

Em seg 28 abr 2014, às 03:42:52, Jonas Thiem escreveu:
> The licensing information for Qt 4.8 (still in use through PySide) and
> Qt 5.x regarding all the copyright and license stuff that NEED to be
> in an application's about dialog to fulfill legal needs (so that's
> important to know) is hard to collect.

It needs to be in the application's supporting documentation. Not in a dialog.
You can put it there if you want to, but it's not necessary to be there.
therefore, when you say:

> To make matters even worse, it's all HTML with the whole Qt page
> layout around, so not in any format that would it make easy to copy
> for an about dialog.

That point is moot. It doesn't need to be in a format to be consumed by a
dialog.

> PS: Are people who could possibly implement this change on the website
> on this mailing list? Or would I be better off somehow forwarding this
> to the Digia website team or something?

No, they are not here. Please create an issue in the bugtracker for this.