[Interest] Custom layouts

Filip Piechocki fpiechocki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 10:21:25 CEST 2014

Hi,
Didn't you think that there might be something wrong in your
implementation? Showing and hiding widgets in setGeometry() seems wrong to
me, and answering your previous questions: have you ever implemented a
custom model? If yes, then did your implementation of data() method in your
custom model look any different from { return QVariant(); } even if you do
not call this method anywhere in your code? That's right! This method is a
part of the model interface, which view classes uses to communicate with
model. So if you are implementing a custom layout the situation looks
exactly the same - QLayout class defines interface for accessing all
layouts by any other class. And if there is a pure virtual method it is a
signal, that you have to implement this method in your subclass as it is
essential and necessary in this communication. So better invent something
more real then "return 0;".

And your question about setGeometry() and recursion looks like this: I
forgot the semicolon in my C++ code so it does not compile - can GCC
developers fix their compiler so it is able to compile my wrong code?

BR,
Filip