[Interest] How long is QMatrix obsolete?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Sat Aug 9 10:34:48 CEST 2014

That's not what I meant. I just question whether it makes sense to declare a class like QMatrix obsolete.
It is not like QFtp or QHttp, QMatrix is so entwined in old code, it can never be removed or changed.
The obsolete warning is under those circumstances totally useless. It says:

"We _strongly_ advise against using it in new code."

Why? What could happen in the worst case? I think: Absolutely nothing. :-)
Maybe it could be removed in a Qt6 version. But this would make a Qt5->Qt6 transition as hard as the
Qt3->Qt4 transition. I wonder how high the chances are for this to happen.

Guido