[Interest] How long is QMatrix obsolete?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Sat Aug 9 14:16:07 CEST 2014

On Sat, 9 Aug 2014 12:39:01 +0200
André Somers <andre at familiesomers.nl> wrote:

> Why would you think that?

Not worth the effort? Too much trouble for too less gain?

> For what yse of QMatrix is QTransform not an (almost) drop-in replacement with more capabilities?

I absolutely agree, QTransform is by far superior. But I see the problem in your "(almost)".

> I think it is perfectly reasonable to remove QMatrix in Qt 6, including all methods in other classes
> that take a QMatrix as an argument.

I am not sure about this. It is a lot of stuff, which uses QMatrix directly and even more indirectly.
If there won't be a tool "qt5toqt6.sh" and I had a huge code base, which I had to port, I'd probably write
a wrapper around QTransform... with the name QMatrix. ;-)

> The same goes for QRegExp by the way.

I don't think QRegExp is that widely used. And at least in my code it is always very localized. Are there
functions, which take QRegExp as a parameter? I think QRegExp plays in a totally different league than
QMatrix.

Guido