[Interest] linux phtread flags?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Aug 28 18:41:35 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 26 August 2014 11:54:49 Medved, Michael wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was directed to this list via forum post I made, see here:
>
> http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/46313/
>
> I'd just like to verify that on Linux, the binaries on
> http://qt-project.org/downloads are compiled with linux phtread priority
> support turned OFF.  If so, I'd like to know why, and suggest that in
> the future this should be enabled by default so that users wouldn't have
> to recompile Qt to get threads with priorities on Linux.

What is pthread priority support?

Your question on the forum (always a good idea to put all the relevant details
in the email) was about whether some code under the following #ifdef got
enabled.

#if defined(Q_OS_DARWIN) || !defined(Q_OS_OPENBSD) &&
defined(_POSIX_THREAD_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING) &&
(_POSIX_THREAD_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING-0 >= 0)

Well, I think you have all of the information at your fingertips. On Linux,
neither Q_OS_DARWIN nor Q_OS_OPENBSD will be defined. The other constant comes
from glibc (unistd.h in particular). Check whether it defines the macro to a
value greater than or equal to 1.