[Interest] Camera won't capture photos in quick succession

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Dec 10 21:33:39 CET 2014

Per http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qml-qtmultimedia-cameracapture.html
"It's permissible to call capture() while the camera is active regardless of the ready property value. If camera is not ready to capture image immediately, the capture request is queued with all the related camera settings, and the request will be executed as soon as possible."

However when I call capture back to back, I get one photo then: W/Qt      (20383): (null):0 ((null)): QCameraImageCapture error: "Camera not ready"

How can I capture multiple images in the quickest successtion possible? I need to at least capture 1 picture after searchAndLock() then another with the flash on.

Android 4.4 / Qt 5.4.0

Thanks