[Interest] using Qt4 configured with -no-exceptions

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 23:56:06 CET 2014

On Thursday December 11 2014 10:52:00 Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Edit configure so it won't disable qtxmlpatterns. Then edit
> src/xmlpatterns/xmlpatterns.pro to turn exceptions back on.

So that works ... until xmlpatterns/utils/qpatternistlocale_p.h detects QT_NO_EXCEPTIONS which gets set in qconfig.h . I presume that must be the file that also caused my earlier attempt to use Qt4 built without exceptions to be aborted, because client code will likely see this flag too.

I'll see what happens when I patch qpatternistlocale_p.h, and then qconfig.h in the post-destroot (post-install) phase.

R.