[Interest] Camera won't stop() (Linux Webcam)

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Dec 12 17:00:14 CET 2014

After acquiring my images, I call camera.stop(). However the camera does not stop. stop() in general does work, because I have:
Component.onCompleted: stop();
Which stops the camera as soon as the page it is loaded at app startup.

But subsequent calls after my images collection don't stop. I know this because my development machine has a light on webcam activation, and the light remains lit after I call camera.stop.

console.debug("CAMERA STOP");
camera.stop();
console.debug("CAMERA ERROR", camera.errorString, camera.cameraState, camera.cameraStatus);

Produces:
On Android  (this is correct):
D/Qt      ( 4583): qrc:///Capture.qml:68 (onImageCaptured): qml: CAMERA STOP
D/Qt      ( 4583): qrc:///Capture.qml:70 (onImageCaptured): qml: CAMERA ERROR  1 7

On Linux (does not enter Stopping status):
qml: CAMERA STOP
qml: CAMERA ERROR  1 8

So it works on android but not my Linux PC. Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Additionally how can one map from enum values to names in QML?