[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 39, Issue 30

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 18:12:38 CET 2014

Hi Konstantin,

I think I had this same problem awhile back.  Here are some notes from my custom qmake.conf file which I developed a long time ago for aArm cross-compile:

# In older toolchains, -march=armv7-a conflicts with -mcpu=cortex-a8.
# Use either
# -mcpu=cortex-a8
# OR
# -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8
# See https://bugs.launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/+bug/662720

QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE    = -O2 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -mcpu=cortex-a8

So, I think you should simply try using:

-mcpu=cortex-a8

instead of

-march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8

Then I think your configure may succeed.

- VStevenP

Message: 4