[Interest] New connection syntax

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Dec 17 08:35:33 CET 2014

Thiago Macieira schreef op 16-12-2014 17:13:
> On Tuesday 16 December 2014 12:41:35 Igor Mironchik wrote:
>> And my question is: is it ok to use QtPrivate::FunctionPointer in my
>> classes?
> No. That's only permitted for code that is part of Qt itself (hosted on qt-
> project.org, part of qt.git)
Isn't it a bit strange that there are things in the public API that
really are private?

If you built your own code on top of Qt, then I at least find it nice to
be able to create similar API to what Qt offers so it is easier to use
for other developers. This is made more difficult by things like this.
It was easy to offer an API like the

      QAction <qthelp://com.trolltech.qt.484/qdoc/qaction.html>*
      QToolBar::addAction( constQString
      <qthelp://com.trolltech.qt.484/qdoc/qstring.html>&/text/,
      constQObject
      <qthelp://com.trolltech.qt.484/qdoc/qobject.html>*/receiver/,
      constchar*/member/)

in your own code. Nothing private there. But apparently, mirroring Qt
API design for the sake of consistency is no longer possible?

André