[Interest] Stack view and lazy loading of big Qml files

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Dec 30 10:10:12 CET 2014

Hi,

I have a stack view which will be used to load the main content of application views.

Currently, when I select a new view, I pass the url of the correspondent Qml file. I use the replace method because in fact i’m only interested in the transition animation.

The problem is that in arm devices like android and ipad, the transition is not immediate due to the fact that the Qml being loaded are quite heavy.

The app users won’t understand that so I wanted to load all the views without showing them and instead of passing the url I would pass the id of the component.

My questions are:

What is the best way of doing that?
Where should I keep the elements without having them rendered on the screen?
Is there any other way of making this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nuno Santos