[Interest] QWidget::adjustSize() issue

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Tue Feb 4 13:33:40 CET 2014

Dear all,

I have a QStackedWidget in a toolbox with three pages, each having
different sizes. The stacked widget does not adjust its size to the current
page, so I used the trick from this article:
https://qt-project.org/faq/answer/how_can_i_get_a_qstackedwidget_to_automatically_switch_size_depending_on_th

However, it seems that calling adjustSize() does not signal the parent
widget that the child changed its size. In order to keep everything
working, I need to call adjustSize() on each ancestor widget, which seems a
hack.

Is there any way to signal the size change and let Qt handle it?

Cheers,

Etienne