[Interest] QVideoProbe in QML?

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 15:49:32 CET 2014

I have a QML project (Lin/Android) that I need to scan bar codes using the camera or video playback (for testing).

I found the QVideoProbe class. But not sure how to use it in QML. I have a C++ class that will do the bar code recognition, it takes a QImage or QUrl of an image. The reader works with images, so that part works.

But how do I assemble all this, and important convert from a QVideoFrame to a QImage?

I would want to do something like:
{
Camera {}
Text {} // barcode display

BarCodeReader { onBarCode: text.text =  barcode }

VideoProbe: { source: camera; onFrame: barcodeReader.read(frame)
}

Thanks!