[Interest] Confusion regarding Qt 5 build on Windows

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 09:50:05 CET 2014

Hi All,

I'm compiling Qt 5 (dev branch) on Windows to test out a feature on Windows.

I'm using mingw32 toolchain for building it.

I've run the "configure.bat" script passing it the "-no-gui", "-no-opengl",
-"no-angle" options. However at the end of the run, in the summary, I see
the following:

Qt Widgets module support...................yes
Qt GUI module support...........................no

Isn't GUI as super-set of the Widgets module? As in, if I don't want GUI, I
don't want Widgets too, right? I was expecting both to be disabled. What am
I missing here?

Because of the above, the compilation of a testcase (tst_qpointer), in
corelib, is failing because it tries to include <QWidget> which is not
there.

-mandeep