[Interest] Confusion regarding Qt 5 build on Windows

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Feb 10 10:06:42 CET 2014

No, widgets is a module that depends on gui.

> As in, if I don't want
> GUI, I don't want Widgets too, right? I was expecting both to be disabled.
> What am I missing here?

Nothing, just that the Windows configure is apparently missing a sanity check here, i.e.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77762

> Apparently, I was missing something....the "-no-widgets" option. I think I
> forgot that in the new modularized structure of Qt, widgets is a separate
> module.
>

> But still, shouldn't the QWidgets headers be generated? Or is "-no-gui" with
> widgets enabled not a valid option?

It's not a valid option. I guess that is sanity checked in the qmake logic somewhere, otherwise the build should've failed much before the autotests :)

Regards

Kai