[Interest] QVideoProbe Woes

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Feb 10 23:48:56 CET 2014

Em seg 10 fev 2014, às 12:36:04, Jason H escreveu:
> No, I cannot make that assumption.
>
> There are tons of libraries based on non-gpu image processing. I am using
> (attempting to anyway) ZBar. OpenCV is another (though a few months ago it
> looks like support was added for OpenCL). I'm not trying to scan a major
> motion picture for barcodes, I am trying to use a video for a unit test,
> and a camera on the device device to actually work.

If you're reading data from a camera, then yes, getting the frames is
expected. The most common use of a camera is to take pictures or record a
video, which requires post-processing and encoding, which is usually done on
the CPU or in a combination of the CPU and the GPU.

However, if you're reading a video file, then no, you cannot expect to see the
pixels. If you need to do that, you should find a generic, CPU-based library
that can read those video files, like libvlc or ffmpeg. Qt is not your API.

And if you do that, please check with your legal department that it's ok to
ship a product containing those codecs. They're often a patent minefield and
many companies steer away from them, for good reason.