[Interest] Qt5: single- vs double-click file/folder-open behaviour on KDE4/Linux

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Feb 14 18:22:35 CET 2014

Em sex 14 fev 2014, às 08:53:48, Alan Ezust escreveu:
> I assume KDE4 can't pick up styles from Qt5, but is there some way to get
> Qt5 apps to respect these style options in KDE4?

Weird, I'm getting single click behaviour here. I thought that we were looking
up the KDE 4 settings.

Still, the right way to do this is to provide a platform plugin to tailor the
settings to the specific desktop (the "platform plugni" we invented for Qt 4.5,
before QPA took over the name). KDE 4 provides one for Qt 4. There isn't one
yet for Qt 5.

> And how do I select a preferred style, settings for Qt5 apps now that there
> is no qtconfig?

Qt will guess a setting based on your desktop, but you can provide a platform
plugin theme too. I don't know what the search order is.