[Interest] Qt Maintenance Tool vs Online Installer

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 19:00:21 CET 2014

Online installer stalls for whatever reason. The offline installer always works, and can be passed around between machines

I think you miss my point. I want:
/opt/qt/5.2.0/
/opt/qt/5.2.1/

/opt/qt/maintenancetool
One maint tool to rule them all.

I'm not sure the way its done now makes any sense with the point you make, as I would get:
/opt/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/

/opt/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/maintencetool
/opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/

/opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/maintencetool

Which I think we both agree is wrong.

Really, I think the default should change to be /opt/Qt -- without a version.
And the offline installer should be able to handle my desired scenario, by simply replacing the maintence tool in /opt/qt and incorporating any prior Qt versions found in /opt/qt

Of course I am assuming that after continued releases, we would eventually have:
/opt/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/
/opt/Qt5.2.0/5.2.1/

/opt/Qt5.2.0/5.2.2/

/opt/Qt5.2.0/5.3.0/

Which makes little sense to me. I would also be fine with a /opt/Qt5/5.3.0/ or /opt/Qt5/3.0/