[Interest] Qt Maintenance Tool vs Online Installer

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Feb 17 09:47:43 CET 2014

Well, it would also probably mess up your 5.2.0 installation. One installation/maintenance tool is supposed to manage every package under its directory, and will also e.g. nuke the complete directory when uninstalled.

I'm afraid the installer isn't really up to what you want :(

> Maybe the maintenance too sould get its own directory under qt? Seems
> reasonable?

That wouldn't change the core of the problem. Every installer/maintenance tool is a sort of package manager, and it's just not a good idea to let multiple package managers manage the same packages ...

Just out of interest, is there a specific reason you don't want to use one online installer managing all Qt versions?

Regards

Kai