[Interest] 100 continue and QNetworkRequest/QNetworkReply

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Feb 18 22:36:15 CET 2014

Em ter 18 fev 2014, às 22:13:51, Stanislav Kolář escreveu:
> OK, but it in fact means that QNAM doesn't supports 100-continue as
> described in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-8.2.3 :-(, so we
> cannot use it if (for example) we have 100MB data for upload and we don't
> want to upload entire 100MB buffer to the server if the result of the
> request is an error.

As I said, it supports the server sending it spuriously. Trust me, that's
important. We had quite a few unit test failure where the check failed because
an unexpected 100 was received.

But you can't request it. As I also said, the feature is useless. There's no
way to get an information from the server whether the request will be
honoured. You'd have to do a timeout, which just introduces delays and still
doesn't solve the problem due to network delays.

If you need to upload 100 MB, request that QNAM not buffer the data. If the
upload fails because the server or a proxy server (or both) request
authentication, you have to send again.