[Interest] running unit tests that use QWidgets no longer works over ssh on osx with QT5

Teemu Patja tpatja at broadsoft.com
Wed Feb 19 09:04:09 CET 2014

The slave was not headless after all. The problem was that the WindowServer
was running with a different user id that the jenkins slave java process.

Thanks for the help.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com
> wrote:

> Em ter 18 fev 2014, às 19:52:18, Teemu Patja escreveu:
> > I undestand the QT CI system is built on top of Jenkins. With Jenkins the
> > common way for connecting OSX build slaves is over SSH.
> >
> > Can you share how you are using the OSX build slaves for these tests?
> >
> > To clarify, the show stopper is not the headlessness, but rather
> pasteboard
> > access with QT >= 5.
>
> The show stopper is headlessness. You need to make sure that you can start
> regular OS X applications via SSH.
>
> Ssh into your machine and run this:
> $ open /Applications/Calculator.app
>
> Make sure it shows in the display of that machine.
> --

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error,
please notify BroadSoft, Inc. immediately by replying to this message, and
destroy all copies of this message, along with any attachment, prior to
reading, distributing or copying it.