[Interest] QtProperty System

Graham Labdon Graham.Labdon at avalonsciences.com
Fri Feb 21 12:51:04 CET 2014

Ok Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Bo Thorsen [mailto:bthorsen at ics.com]
Sent: 21 February 2014 11:33
To: Graham Labdon; Interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] QtProperty System

Den 21-02-2014 09:01, Graham Labdon skrev:
> Hi
> I have been reading about Qt's property system, in particular the NOTIFY optional specifier.
> Can NOTIFY be used with non Qml/QtQuick applications?

You can, but it doesn't do anything unless you code this yourself. The NOTIFY just tells the introspection what signal is used to notify changes. Unless you use this information for something yourself, it is useless.

QML uses this to update the bindings. You can do something similar yourself.

Bo.

--
Bo Thorsen, European Engineering Manager, ICS Meet me at our quickstarts across Europe in March.
London, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Munich and Zurich.