[Interest] Qt installer framework: maintenance tool update fails silently

Karsten Heimrich karsten.heimrich at digia.com
Thu Feb 27 13:04:24 CET 2014

Hi,

On 26.02.2014 17:56, Wiebe Cazemier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created an installer for our Qt application with the Qt Installer framework (1.5 on Windows 7). I'm trying to install an update, and so I uploaded new files to the repository created by repogen. When I start the maintenance tool (called uninstall.exe...) and choose update, nothing happens. No errors; not in the event log, not on the webserver. When I remove the repository from the webserver, it does give an error.
Did you bump the version number of the component you've updated? You
have to do this in your package description file (e.g. package.xml)
before calling repogen.

> It does detect there is an update (when there is none, it says so).
Does this mean if you do not change anything on the server and run
updater, it will tell you there's an update? Or does it say there are no
updates available?

-- Karsten