[Interest] QWebEngine Status?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Feb 27 16:45:27 CET 2014

On Thursday 27 February 2014, Rich Conlan wrote:
> Those are updates to Qt WebKit. What I’m looking for info on is WebEngine,
> which is the embedding of Chromium in Linux.
>
> The latest info I can find is from a January blog post,
> http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2014/01/23/qt-webengine-technology-preview-av
> ailable/
>
> I’d thought it was due to be part of 5.3 though. =/
>
> R.

When it was decided Qt 5.3 would be a stability and bug-fix release on a
faster schedule it meant new big modules like Qt3d and QtWebEngine couldn't
make it.

QtWebEngine already has a technical preview, and hopefully a beta will appear
in a month not too far away, maybe even around the same time as Qt 5.3, but
not packaged together with 5.3 because it is not ready for that.

Best regards
`Allan