[Interest] :-1: error: cannot find -lrwlineeditplugin

Robert Wood robert.wood at apostrophe.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 11:02:41 CET 2014

Folks,

I've been using my custom plugin for a few years thought Qt4 and now
Qt5. I always copy my files like this on a new installation:

cp ~robertw/Software/Qt4/customWidgets/rwTextEdit/librwtexteditplugin.so
/usr/lib
cp ~robertw/Software/Qt4/customWidgets/rwTextEdit/rwtextedit.h
/usr/local/include/

I always recompile the custom widgets on a new installation and this is
no exception.

However, on this computer, I get the following error:

:-1: error: cannot find -lrwlineeditplugin

Anyone know why I'm getting this? I'm on Linux. AFAIK I'm doing nothing
different to normal. I'm guessing that for some reason Qt5 can't see my
/usr/lib directory? I've added that path to my project file by doing:

INCLUDEPATH +=/usr/lib

And also tried:

INCLUDEPATH +="/usr/lib"

Nothing works.