[Interest] libeay32.dll - The Ordinal 4369 could not be located

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Fri Jan 24 12:07:54 CET 2014

Hi all,

On 24 January 2014 10:57, Soroush Rabiei <soroush.rabiei at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Phil Hannent <phil at hannent.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> I have a small issue with a MinGW Qt 5.2.0 application. On a users
>> computer when they start the application they get a warning dialog
>> about libeay32.dll. On test machines and developer machines we've not
>> see this error.
>>
>> However when I locate that file on my computer and find it being used
>> by another application, I then copy it to the application folder I
>> then get the error. This indicates that the user has the DLL in their
>> PATH variable.
>>
>> My issue is how can I get around this? I cannot remove the other
>> applications installation, however I did wonder if I can put a version
>> beside my application so that it gets picked first, one that works
>> every time. However Qt doesn't seem to bundle the DLL itself, so I
>> wouldn't know what to use.
>>
>> Has anybody else run into this DLL hell?
>>
>> Regards
>> Phil Hannent
>

> Hi Phil
>
> libeay32.dll belongs to OpenSSL library. I think you have to find which DLL
> your code links against and copy it beside your application. That will fix
> all (except legal possible issues). You can use dependency walk to find it.

I am aware this is an OpenSSL library, however I don't actually depend
on it. My application runs fine on development machines and clean test
machines. The Qt 5.2.0 installation does not contain that DLL so I
assume its compiled into a DLL like QtWebKit.

The problem is that when the file exists Qt is picking it up, when it
doesn't exist its using its own internal one. How can I get it to
always use the internal one?

Regards
Phil