[Interest] libeay32.dll - The Ordinal 4369 could not be located

Scott Aron Bloom scott.bloom at onshorecs.com
Fri Jan 24 14:41:01 CET 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: interest-bounces+scott.bloom=onshorecs.com at qt-project.org [mailto:interest-bounces+scott.bloom=onshorecs.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Phil Hannent
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 4:21 AM
To: interest
Subject: Re: [Interest] libeay32.dll - The Ordinal 4369 could not be located

On 24 January 2014 11:43, Richard Moore <rich at kde.org> wrote:
> On 24 January 2014 11:07, Phil Hannent <phil at hannent.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 24 January 2014 10:57, Soroush Rabiei <soroush.rabiei at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> libeay32.dll belongs to OpenSSL library. I think you have to find
>>> which DLL your code links against and copy it beside your
>>> application. That will fix all (except legal possible issues). You can use dependency walk to find it.
>>
>> I am aware this is an OpenSSL library, however I don't actually
>> depend on it. My application runs fine on development machines and
>> clean test machines. The Qt 5.2.0 installation does not contain that
>> DLL so I assume its compiled into a DLL like QtWebKit.
>
> Qt dynamically loads openssl (using QLibrary) when you try to use SSL
> for the first time, so just because your application isn't linking to
> it directly doesn't mean you don't depend on it. Qt does not have
> openssl 'compiled into it' unless you build your own copy of Qt using
> the -openssl-linked option.
>

>> The problem is that when the file exists Qt is picking it up, when it
>> doesn't exist its using its own internal one. How can I get it to
>> always use the internal one?
>
> There is no internal one.
Great, thank you for the clarification.

However could you explain how QtWebkit is able to view https pages when the libeasy32.dll is not in my path or next to the application?

Most likely, some application, installed it into system32.. or some where else in the path

When you run depends.. where does it pick it up from?

Scott