[Interest] libeay32.dll - The Ordinal 4369 could not be located

Bo Thorsen bthorsen at ics.com
Fri Jan 24 17:02:11 CET 2014

The real fix for this is to compile Qt yourself. Disable ssl completely.

Compiling Qt on Windows is a bit painful. But *nowhere* near as painful
as compiling openssl. So if you don't need openssl, you should be okay.

Bo.

Den 24-01-2014 15:34, Phil Hannent skrev:
> Good afternoon,
>
> Firstly thank you everybody for taking the time to reply to me, I
> appreciate it very much. I have learnt quite a bit in the last few
> hours.
>
> 1, This issue was never highlighted because the application didn't
> explicitly require SSL, so it was never tested for as a feature.
> During development I had no means to realise this bug was waiting in
> the wings, I guess a best practice would be to run dependency walker
> and look for the loading of DLL's outside of the deployment folder and
> not Windows DLLs...
> 2, I made the mistake in saying that I did not have the OpenSSL DLL's
> on my computer, I have two sets in fact, the first in C:\Program
> Files\TortoiseHg and the second in C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin\,
> running Dependency Walker and watching the application load shows it
> tries the TortoiseHg version and fails and then works with the CMake
> version.
> 3, I now understand that bundling OpenSSL DLL's has export/import
> implications: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3516143/qt-ssl-support-missing
> 4, Qt 5.2.0 appears to be wanting a newer version number, ideally the
> 1.0 or newer: https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/source/d4f6d6e5dc5c9e92bae80ce1895c7d7c6fdbd577:dist/changes-5.2.0
> perhaps the my user has an even older version in their System32
> folder, I am waiting to hear.
> 5, If I place an old version in the folder with the application
> 0.9.8y, it works, however I still need to find out which version the
> user has installed on their system to cause the pop-up message
>
> I have a version 1.0 that I can bundle next to the application and to
> use that. It would certainly be helpful to have the ability to toggle
> where QLibrary searches in a bid to remove potential security and
> usability issues, however that's clearly a philosophical point of
> view.
>
> Regards
> Phil
>

> On 24 January 2014 13:41, Scott Aron Bloom <scott.bloom at onshorecs.com> wrote:

Bo Thorsen, European Engineering Manager, ICS
Integrated Computer Solutions. Delivering World-Class Applications
http://ics.com/services