[Interest] QGraphicsView status

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 21:39:29 CEST 2014

Hello,
      Is QGraphicsView eventually going to get replaced by QML/Graphics
Scene?

The reason I ask is that QGraphicsView looks like it has everything I
need to port a piece of software that relies heavily on Tk Canvas.
Specifically, I'm drawing boxes around text, and the boxes are connected
with lines (possibly Bezier curves).  Some of the boxes have a dashed
border.  It will also display custom 2d graphics using svg-style
grouping of svg shapes (rect, polyline, ellipse, path, etc.), and
changing their attributes on the fly (stroke-width, fill-opacity, etc.).

QGraphicsView looks like it has what I need to do this.  Qt Quick looks
like it has a lot of great features but is conspicuously missing Bezier
curves, ellipses, or even line primitives.  (I see it has an HTML5-style
canvas but I don't want to reinvent svg-style inheritance inside that.)
So if QGraphicsView is going to continue to be actively maintained it
looks like the best fit.

Thanks,
Jonathan