[Interest] Running Qt 5 Application on WinXP

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 19:48:43 CEST 2014

Am 08.07.2014 um 19:24 schrieb Duane <duane.hebert at group-upc.com>:

> I have an application built with VS 2012 (with the tool chain XP
> support) using Qt 5.3.  It runs fine on Windows 7 and 8.
>
> When I try to run it on a box with WinXP I get the error "Procedure
> entry point GetTickCount64 could not be loaded in KERNEL32.DL"

Just to rule out the obvious: Did you compile/link with a 64bit Qt library? Seems to me like a "64bit" function is to be called on a 32bit system (purely guessing by the win API name here off course).

But the again, I'd expect to see different kind of errors when trying to run a 64bit binary on a 32bit system...

Maybe Qt 5.3 simply does not grok anymore on XP (since that OS by itself is not supported anymore, at least not for the public)?

By the way, which library/binary calls above function? Qt itself?

Cheers,
  Oliver