[Interest] Q_ENUMS with foreign enum ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Tue Jul 15 13:50:45 CEST 2014

On Monday 14 July 2014 21:47:00 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

> 14.07.2014, 13:39, "Martin Koller" <kollix at aon.at>:

> >>  The Qt namespace has a lot of enums like that.  The trick there is to get moc to pretend that the namespace is actually a class.
> >>
> >>  src/corelib/global/qnamespace.h
> >
> > This is not what I meant.
> > The Qt namespace defines enums on its own and the MOC-Hack (#if defined(Q_MOC_RUN)) just makes sure that the enums
> > can be used in Q_ENUMS
> >
> > What I need is a FOREIGN enum, e.g. one which is already availabe in a different Qt header, but the enum is not
> > part of a QObject derived class.
> >
> > E.g.
> > #include <QSslError>
> >
> > class MyClass : public QObject
> > {
> >   Q_OBJECT
> >   Q_ENUMS(QSslError::SslError)   // does not work
> > };
> >
> > #include "moc_test.cxx"
> >
> > In file included from test.cxx:9:0:
> > moc_test.cxx:66:10: error: ‘staticMetaObject’ is not a member of ‘QSslError’
> >          &QSslError::staticMetaObject,
>
> You can add fake poperty with type QSslError::SslError, and access enum via QMetaProperty::enumerator()

That does not work.
The doc says: "The enumeration type must be registered with the Meta-Object System using the Q_ENUMS() macro."
but doing so leads to above compile error.
Not using Q_ENUMS(QSslError::SslError) in MyClass does also not work, as QSslError::SslError is an enum
from a class which is not QObject derived.
The doc says: "Had the enumeration type been declared in another class, its fully qualified name (i.e., OtherClass::Priority) would be required, and that other class would also have to inherit QObject and register the enumeration type there using the Q_ENUMS() macro."

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at