[Interest] Data Distribution Service as a new Qt IPC?

Miller, Doug dmiller at JFTI.com
Tue Jul 15 17:25:35 CEST 2014

I've seen two proprietary Qt wrappers for DDS, but the one I saw online before I can't seem to find now.  The proprietary wrappers were achieved with modest effort.  The point is that there is interest in such a wrapper and that an open sourced version could be easily obtained.  DDS has a spec (just like DBus) from which a wrapper could be built that would position it to work with any vendor's DDS c++ implementation.

________________________________
From: Jereme Lamothe <jlamothe at docboxinc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:15 AM
To: Miller, Doug
Cc: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] Data Distribution Service as a new Qt IPC?

I'd be very interested to see this as well, and to contribute when possible. I'm currently working on a project with multiple processes communicating lots & lots of data over a network via DDS.

Doug, you mentioned having seen Qt wrappers for DDS in past. Are these internal to where you work, or could they be found online?