[Interest] Use Qt ActiveX framework to create a Credential Provider server

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 18:15:18 CEST 2014

Hi all.

I found out in Qt documentation an opportunity to use the ActiveX feature:

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/activeqt-index.html

Having read documentation and having looked at examples I have some more
questions:

1) Whether it is possible to implement the MS Credential Provider
feature (a set of custom interfaces),
using the set of base Qt ActiveX classes?

I'm talk about this interfaces:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ru-ru/library/windows/desktop/bb776029%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb776042%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I need to implement the CredentialProvider server in the form of *.dll.

Currently I already implemented logic of Credential Provider, but used
for this purpose the
"native" WinAPI.  Now I want to port it on Qt ActiveX (because other
components of my project are
implemented on Qt).

2) Everywhere in documentation on QT ActiveX I see mention about a
"controls" (i.e. widgets are used).
But the CredentialProvider interface doesn't export any widgets.

Thus, the question arises: whether Qt-event loop will work if I have no
widgets? Because, as I can see the
Qt ActiveX sources that for this purpose use some "hooks" to the WinAPI
system calls (related to window events)
to "emulate" of the Qt-loop.

BR,
Denis