[Interest] QWindowsMime or replacement in Qt 5

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 20:57:22 CEST 2014

Our application makes extensive use of QWindowsMime and QMacPasteboardMime
to allow us to handle various clipboard formats properly.

For Qt 5, the QtMacExtras module provides the necessary functionality that
was in Qt 4. But I still don't see anything equivalent in QtWinExtras.

Without QWindowsMime or the equivalent functionality, it won't be possible
to use Qt 5 with our application--not a situation we want to be in.

I've pasted below the last I've heard on this situation, from almost 2
years ago.

Thanks
Adam

On segunda-feira, 15 de outubro de 2012 12.15.07, Adam Light wrote:
> It looks like QWindowsMime is also missing from Qt 5. Are there any
> alternatives to these classes? I don't see any mention of them being
> deprecated.

They aren't deprecated, most of them.

The platform-specific classes are just missing from 5.0 due to the QPA
porting.
They will either come back inside a new platform-specific module
(MacSupport,
X11Support, etc.) or they will be deprecated for good if a cross-platform
API
can be provided.