[Interest] Is a pre-built mingw-w64 Qt available?

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 21:03:30 CEST 2014

Hi Kai and Harish!

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Harish Surana <surana4u at gmail.com> wrote:
> He is looking for 64 bit mingw builds not 32 bit :)

Yes, that is correct.  I am hoping to find a 64-bit mingw-w64 build.

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at digia.com> wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out.  The first time I looked, I overlooked
the "Show Downloads" button, and only saw the online installer.

Just so I understand (even though it's 32 bit) is the build labelled

   Qt 5.3.0 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 4.8.2, OpenGL, 734 MB)

the one you had in mind?  How would I figure out which specific
tool chain was used (mingw vs. mingw-w64), exception mechanism,
thread support, etc.?

The reason I ask is that I would need to use a compatible tool chain
(ideally identical) for building an application that links to the pre-built
Qt libraries.

Thanks.

K. Frank