[Interest] Is a pre-built mingw-w64 Qt available?

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Thu Jun 19 08:36:07 CEST 2014

Fair enough, we only provide 32 bit builds so far on download.qt-project.org .

> [...]
> >> Finally, http://qt-project.org/downloads
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.  The first time I looked, I overlooked the "Show
> Downloads" button, and only saw the online installer.

The online installer also provides all toolchain packages, including Qt Creator, Mingw toolchain etc, and as such is the 'recommended' way to install things (because you also get updates etc).

> Just so I understand (even though it's 32 bit) is the build labelled
>
>    Qt 5.3.0 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 4.8.2, OpenGL, 734 MB)
>
> the one you had in mind?  How would I figure out which specific tool chain
> was used (mingw vs. mingw-w64), exception mechanism, thread support,
> etc.?

Right under the links to the offline installers:

"The MinGW binary package includes a 32 bit MinGW-builds (gcc 4.8.2, dwarf exception handing, posix threading) toolchain. Sources are available from the MinGW-builds project or from download.qt-project.org."

> The reason I ask is that I would need to use a compatible tool chain (ideally
> identical) for building an application that links to the pre-built Qt libraries.

The toolchain is shipped with the online installer, too. The exact toolchain we use in the 5.2, 5.3 packages is http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/4.8.2/threads-posix/dwarf/i686-4.8.2-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev3.7z/download .

Regards

Kai