[Interest] Send Video output to specified display

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Wed Jun 25 12:50:03 CEST 2014

On 25 Jun 2014, at 12:31, Vinoth Kumar <vinoth.k.kumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Rutledge. My device is an embedded device whose primary display is LCD. It also has a HDMI port, through which a HDMI monitor is connected.
>
> If my understanding is correct, by setting the screen in c++ (for QQuickview), my application will be visible on the HDMI screen. But, I actually want my application to be displayed on one screen(LCD) and only the video output should go to the second screen (HDMI).

Are you running Linux?  Are you running X11?  then xrandr is the protocol for controlling the resolution and arrangement of each output (LCD and HDMI).  So you would typically configure the outputs side-by-side, and then the geometry of the window will position it on one side or the other.  Try running the xrandr command in a terminal, it will tell you the current configuration.

Otherwise I don’t know the details of how you control which output to use on that hardware; maybe on embedded systems there is another typical way to do it of which I’m not aware.  But I think you will need two windows, one for the application and one for the video player.