[Interest] Qt 5.3.1 cmake EGL error

Jereme Lamothe jereme.lamothe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 19:02:52 CEST 2014

Hey all, with today's release of Qt 5.3.1 I attempted to build a Qt
Quick application w/ cmake, and immediately ran into the following
error in  Qt5GuiConfig.cmake Line 15.

The imported target "Qt5::Gui" references the file
"Qt5Gui_EGL_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND"
but this file does not exist. Possible reasons include:

  * The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.
  * An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.
  * The installation package was faulty and contained
     "/home/jlamothe/Qt/5.3/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Gui/Qt5GuiConfigExtras.cmake"

  but not all the files it references.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Was there a change in
requirements between 5.3 and 5.3.1? Commenting out Line 58 of
Qt5GuiConfigExtras.cmake (finding EGL libs) results in a successful
build and run of the app, but this is a hack and not a proper solution
to whatever the problem is.

Some further info: I'm developing the Qt Quick app under Ubuntu 12.04,
used compiz-dev to install all opengl depdencies, and can successfully
build w/ Qt 5.2.1 or Qt 5.3.0. My CMakeLists.txt includes Qt using

find_package(Qt5Quick 5.3.1)
qt5_use_modules(${CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME} Quick)