[Interest] qml performance with Qt5.2

Gunnar Sletta gunnar.sletta at jolla.com
Thu Jun 26 12:19:30 CEST 2014

On 26 Jun 2014, at 11:36, Nancy Zou <Nancy.Zou at csr.com> wrote:

> Dear Gunnar & other friends:
>
> About atlas texture:
> I print the atlas size in my system, QSG: texture atlas dimensions: 1024 x 1024
> I use qml image item to load  a jpeg image with size of 640*640,  but I find it isn't the atlas texture.

Is this a problem in practice? I would think not.

You want small images in the atlas so they can be batched. The goal of batching is to put many small items into one draw call. For big elements, batching doesn't add that much. An image that will take up more than half the width/height of the atlas will not be batched as it is not considered beneficial at that size.