[Interest] [Qt Android] Any recommended way to modify the package name for different build configuration?

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 08:14:24 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am using TestFairy to deliver beta/testing version of our application to
others. It is great if we don't have development version and those released
via TestFairy on a same device. Since TestFairy will re-sign the package ,
if the APK's package name is same, it will need to remove the previous
development version then install the TestFairy version , or vice-versa.
That will lose saved data.

It is better to keep both of the version on a phone. Therefore , I am
looking for a method which can change the package name /
AndroidManifest.xml by passing an option to qmake so that it could be
handled by build server.

Any recommended method?

Thank for any advise.